Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fun Facts

Believe it or not … May is right around the corner. And for college students, May means finals and then graduation. So with that thought in mind we reached to our Pulse Network (AMP’s proprietary network of high school students, college students and young adults) and asked them about their future plans. We heard back from just under 100 respondents. Here is what we found:

They are students with a plan
College students represented 59% of our overall survey sample. We asked them about their plans for after graduation and found that most of them do have plan – either more school or getting a job.

What are your plans for after graduation?
36% I plan on enrolling in graduate or professional school
51% I plan to find a full-time job in the field I majored in
2% I plan to find a full-time job in a different field from what I majored in
0% I already found a full-time job in the field I majored in
7% I don't have plans yet for after graduation
4% Something else (such as service year/join Peace Corps or going on vacation, then looking for a job)

The economy is not going to mess with that plan
We also asked college students if the current economy has impacted their plans at all. We found that most students did not believe that the current economy would tamper plans but there were a few that were worried.

Has the current state of the economy caused you to change your post-graduation plans?
15% Yes
49% No
36% Somewhat

How has the current state of the economy caused you to change your post-graduation plans? (Asked only of those who answered “Yes” or “Somewhat” above)
33% I was going to enroll in graduate or professional school, but now I will find a full-time job
7% I will have to look for a full time job in a different field than what I studied
19% I was going to look for a full-time job, but now I will enroll in graduate or professional school
41% My plans have changed in some other way because of the economy

We will be reaching out to our Pulse Network again next month. If you have any questions you would like us to ask, please let us know at frequency@ampagency.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment